About Us » Frequently Asked Questions


What can I do if someone I care about (family member, friend or self) has a gambling problem?


First, refer to the Responsible Gaming pages on our website (Iowa Treatment Programs; Self-Exclusion Program; Resources). 

Every IGA member strongly advocates that any person who chooses to go to a casino should do so with discretionary dollars earmarked for entertainment. However, for the small percentage of people who have compulsive disorders related to gambling, there are a number of resources and treatment programs to help. Money is allocated Iowa Department of Public Health under the Division of Behavioral Health to fund the Iowa Gambling Treatment and Prevention Program. This investment assists YourLifeIowa.org, which provides resources about how to approach gambling problems. It also is home to the 1-800-BETS OFF phone line.

« Return to FAQ