State of the States: AGA Announces Gaming Is Strong and Growing
According to the American Gaming Association's most recent State of the States report, which is widely regarded as the most comprehensive resource of its kind, in 2012 the national casino industry saw its second largest gross gaming revenues ever.
In Iowa, the first full year of operations at Grand Falls Casino Resort helped to drive increases in gaming revenue (+3.5 percent) and direct gaming tax receipts (+4 percent).
The report uncovered several exciting national trends for the industry, including:
- The third consecutive year of escalating growth
- The highest levels of gross gaming revenues since 2008
- An 8.5 percent increase of gaming tax contributions over 2011
- A 2.3 percent increase in wages, benefits and tips for casino employees over 2011
- 85 percent of Americans -- the highest ever -- view casino gaming as acceptable for themselves or others
Read the full report here.