Gaming Industry Provides Multitude of Career Paths
The 18 members of the Iowa Gaming Association proudly employ many Iowans with diverse career opportunities.
According to the American Gaming Association, nationwide the gaming industry makes a difference in communities by employing a diverse cross-section of the population.
- Gaming employs more than 9,300 people
- Gaming pays $270.7 million, including wages and benefits
- Commercial casinos spent $309.8 million purchasing products and services from companies based in Iowa, which boosts the work of Iowa employees beyond the gaming facility
According to the American Gaming Association, nationwide:
- More than 20 percent of gaming employees who remain in the industry continue to further their education and earn a degree
- 45 percent of gaming's workforce is composed of minority employees (the U.S. average is 33 percent)
- Gaming employs more people with disabilities than the national average