IGA Members Serve the Best Pork — Iowa Pork!
October is National Pork Month, and in Iowa, agriculture matters. In 2015, Iowa Gaming Association members bought 1.4 million pounds of pork, helping to support one of our state's strongest industries.
In 2015, Iowa's commercial casinos:
Bought 1.4 million pounds of pork
- Bought 1.6 million pounds of beef
- Bought 1.7 million pounds of poultry
- Bought 152,701 gallons of milk
- Bought 313,433 dozens of eggs
- Generated more than $1 billion for Iowa's economy
- Hosted more than 21.6 million visitors
Our members are proud to "Buy Iowa First
," and pork is just one of many items that get purchased at our casinos. Our members are grateful for the dedication of Iowa's hog farmers and are continuing to serve the best pork in the world — Iowa pork!