About Us » Frequently Asked Questions


My organization wants to hold a raffle, and we want to ensure that we are in compliance with state gaming laws. Where can I find more information?


The Department of Inspections and Appeals, Social and Charitable Gambling Unit is responsible for the regulation of social and charitable gambling under Iowa Code chapter 99B. This includes poker tournaments, bingo, raffles, sports betting pools, games of skill and games of chance. For more information, visit the DIA website.

« Return to FAQ